9August | Thursday
- Guests arrive during the DAY
- Evening dinner and introduction.
10August | Friday
- Stage 1 | 60km morning mountain bike ride.
- Dinner and wine tasting.
11August | Saturday
- Stage 2 | 50-55km morning mountain bike ride.
- Stage 3 | 40km morning mountain bike ride.
- Casual lunch.
- Guests shuttled to Airport.
07h00-08h00 – Breakfast
08h30 – Ride starts in two groups
14h00 – Groups start arriving back at the race village
14h00 – 18h00, Spa treatments & afternoon at leisure
18h30 – Dinner and casual evening entertainment
- The Old Rectory is the Official Host of the 2018 Bia Tour de Femme, providing all riders with luxury accommodation.
- Teams of ladies will share twin room set ups, all with private en-suite bathroom, including bathrobe, and all toiletries.
- All meals are included, and ensure to let us know your dietary requirements, so we’re able to embrace your uniqueness.
- Spa specials will be communicated with all participants prior to the event.
What To Bring
If you’ve never done a stage race before, here’s an idea of what you’ll need to pack.
Every day after your ride, your bike will be cleaned and lubed, so all you have to do when you cross the finish line is hand it over! The items listed below are for assistance during mechanical problems out on course.
Casual clothing for the evening functions, including one or two warm items, as the evening can cool down significantly.
- Cycling shoes
- Cycling Shorts (3)
- Cycling jersey (3)
- Base layer (vest)
- Arm warmers
- Leg / Knee warmers
- Rain jacket
ON THE BIKE
- Prior to the event, ensure your bike has tubeless tyres with slime
- Multi tool
- Puncture repair kit with plugs and gators (we’ll show you how to use them if you don’t know)
- Gas bombs (2/3) & pump adaptor
- Water bottles provided
- Camelbak (pack all your spares into this)
- Chain lube (small one if possible)
- Chain breaker
- GPS devices + chargers (if that’s your vibe)
- Chamois/bum cream
- Lip Ice
- Ziploc bags (handy to put items in that need to be kept dry!)
- Cell phone charger
- WARM clothing (Bring a warm jacket as the evenings are chilly)
What is included?
- EVENT ENTRY
- ALL MEALS
- THREE-NIGHT STAY
- LUXURY OCEAN-SIDE ACCOMMODATION
- SHUTTLE FROM, AND TO AIRPORT (Plettenberg Bay Airport Only)
- DAILY BIKE WASH & LUBE
- OVERNIGHT BIKE STORAGE
- SELECTION OF SPONSORED WINE
- WIFI (IN ALL PUBLIC AREAS AND ACCOMMODATION)
- PERSONALISED TOUR DE FEMME BRANDED ICE ID
- BIA CYCLING JERSEY
- BIA GIFT ITEM
- EXCLUSIVE GIFT BAG FULL OF SPOILS
How to Enter
Entry Fee is R19 800.00 per team (R9 900 per person). Entries are limited to 10 teams comprising of 2 female riders per team. Click on the link below to download an entry form. Please complete in full and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
The first 20 rider entries received will each receive a provisional entry confirmation (providing banking details) after which payment needs to be effected within 24 hours in order to secure entry.
Then, don’t forget to book your flights. If you fly directly in to Plett, we will shuttle you to the hotel. Check out www.flycemair.co.za for flight info (but book through us by sending a mail to email@example.com) Alternatively, fly to George airport – and contact Tours 4 SA for shuttle information. Shuttles from George are for your own cost.